Knitting, designing, cooking, enjoying San Francisco bay area and American way of life

    Home     Patterns     Shop     Categories     About     Contact    

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Shellseeker


Loved the pattern, but decided to challenge myself when choosing Woolmeise as the yarn. I had to recalculate all measurements to adjust with fingering yarn.
The pocket lining was a little challenging for me because I couldn’t see it while reading the pattern. After reading some comments, I just follow the pattern and it went well, everything came together at the end. I was just overthingking it.
I ran out of yarn so I chose to make it short sleeves and used the little extra blue for a sleeve and neck ribbing borders.
Woolmeise is the perfect yarn for summer in California. It is warm but light so it stay fresh during the day and warm enough for the cooler night. 
Note to myself, get some more for future projects!!


Pattern: "Shellseeker" by Heidi Kirrmaier
Yarn: Wollmeise, "Pure" 100% Merino Superwash, color Aquarius and Natur

No comments:

Post a Comment