Knitting, designing, cooking, enjoying San Francisco bay area and American way of life

    Home     Patterns     Shop     Categories     About     Contact    

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Making sweater vests for Marko

Spring is approaching and my little sister was looking for new sweater vests for Marko.
She couldn't find anything she likes in the store, so I came up with my own pattern, 
inspired by Marko Argyle Vest I made for him a few year ago.


I started by the back first, easy to start with and pretty straight forward.
I liked the stripe repeat a lot. It gives it a little style for my little man.



Then the front.
Here it is more difficult and requires more calculation.
Lucky for me math was never an issue :-)


As I was making the pattern as I was knitting, I decided that I wouldn't be knitting in the round 
so I had to sew the pieces together, something I like less and less.
I managed to master the finishing technique (after so many years) and it is almost invisible!!

Pattern: My own, available soon
Size : 4 to 5 year old
Yarn: Katia Mississippi 3, 
Fingering / 4 ply
60% Cotton, 40% Acrylic


Pattern turned out pretty easy and quick, yarn is light, 
perfect for spring, summer and fall 
as long as little Marko doesn't grow out of it too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment