Knitting, designing, cooking, enjoying San Francisco bay area and American way of life

    Home     Patterns     Shop     Categories     About     Contact    

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Dust of dye

Another day of fun - dyeing yarn
use the same rules as this post 

After multiple try-out, I chose a Superwash DK yarn (Bare from Knit picks).
it is a soft yarn and that takes the dye very well.



I first put the 100g skein in a ball



then I make the ball in 25g skeins (4 each)



I used the Dharma dye this time in the following colors


And some Gaywool dye
✏ Saltbush
✏Watercrest

this is I added only a dust of dye to the 100 ml hot water cup

Beautiful very soft pastel colors

I only kept a 5g sample skein, 
I am still playing with the dye and the rest of the mini skeins, 
now 20g each....






2 comments:

  1. Impressive, definitely great material. This blog is absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete